Requirements for filing ordinary trademark application
The application for registration of trademark has to be made in writing to the Registrar in the format enumerated under Form TM-1 of Trade Marks Rules, 2004.
What particulars should be mentioned while filing an application:-
- Name and Address of the Applicant
- A statement of goods or services in relation to which it is sought to register the mark.
- International classification of goods or services
- A representation of the mark
- Full name, address and contact details of agent, in case the application is made by agent on behalf of applicant.
- A statement that the trade mark is being used by the applicant in relation to goods or services or that the applicant has a bona fide intention to use.
What documents are required to be filed?
Duly Notarized Power of Attorney: A Power of Attorney duly executed by the authorized officer of the applicant in presence of Notary Public is required for filing application for registration of the mark.
The Power of Attorney: -
- Can be printed on Plain A4 size paper;
- Does not require legalization
- Corporate Seal or rubber stamp of applicant (if available).