The trading activities of hedge funds raise a number of complex issues under the federal securities laws. Proskauer's Practical Guide to the Regulation of Hedge Fund Trading Activities offers a concise, easy-to-read overview of the trading issues and questions we commonly encounter when advising hedge funds and their managers. It is written not only for lawyers, but also for investment professionals, support staff and others interested in gaining a quick understanding of the recurring trading issues we tackle for clients, along with the solutions and analyses we have developed over our decades-long representation of hedge funds and their managers.
The Guide will be published in installments (with previews of future installments) so that our readers may focus on each chapter, ask questions and provide any comments.
- Chapter 1: When Passive Investors Drift into Activist Status
- Chapter 2: Insider Trading - Focus on Subtle and Complex Issues
- Chapter 3: Sections 13(d) and 16 for Hedge Funds
- Chapter 4: Key Requirements and Timing Considerations of Hart-Scott-Rodino
- Chapter 5: Rule 105 of Regulation M and Tender Offer Rules (to be released May 2019)
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.