Welcome to the first edition of our global Competition Newsletter - "Antitrust Matters".
Download a copy using the PDF icon above.
In this issue:
- Holier-than-thou, Fiscal exemptions approved by the Council do not escape State aid control
- EU Merger Notifications: Simplified and streamlined, somewhat
- Concerted practice or why you should keep on fighting competitors
- European Commission investigates restrictions of online sales
- FCO Notice on Domestic Effects in Merger
- Online sales restrictions under scrutiny of FCO
- The use of temporary joint-ventures is not an Antitrust infringement Ex Se
- Public statements of senior management scrutinized
- Recent legislative changes
- Key changes in the pipeline: new enforcement tools and harsher sanctions
- Competition Council exonerates majority of parties investigated in relation to buy-back campaigns for waste electric and electronic equipment
- Fine upheld in Construction Cartel
- First Steps of the New Competition Authority
- US Record 5 Year Jail Price-Fixing Sentence Imposed
- 2013 Antitrust Developments for Insurance Companies
- It's reform season down under; from mining boom to dining boom
© DLA Piper
This publication is intended as a general overview and discussion of the subjects dealt with. It is not intended to be, and should not used as, a substitute for taking legal advice in any specific situation. DLA Piper Australia will accept no responsibility for any actions taken or not taken on the basis of this publication.
DLA Piper Australia is part of DLA Piper, a global law firm, operating through various separate and distinct legal entities. For further information, please refer to www.dlapiper.com