- Please be advised that (EU nationals ) to be able to cross the Gibraltar / Spanish border under the COVID-19 Spanish measures, the Spanish authorities would require you to present the following documents at the border check:
- Contract of employment
- ID or passport
- Certificado de Registro de Cuidadanos de la Union
- For those not in possession of the Certificado de Registro de Cuidadanos you will require the following documents:
- Passport and a photocopy of the Passport
- 'S1' Certificate. The 'S1' certificate can be obtained from the Income Tax Office - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work contract (the contract has to be translated into the Spanish language by your employer. It has to be certified by your employer as a true document)
- The documents under (paragraph 2) have to be presented to the designated Policia Nacional Station. Please contact the Policia Nacional for further guidance.
- Further guidance can be obtained from: http://extranjeros.mitramiss.gob.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos/ CiudadanosComunitarios/hoja102/index.html#documentacion
- Notwithstanding the above and due to the exceptional circumstances currently faced, the Spanish authorities have introduced interim measures to allow EU nationals to travel in and out of Spain as long as they can prove residency in Spain, on production of a utility bill or other document that shows that the person crossing the border resides in Spain. It is to be noted that the process is an interim measure and individuals are strongly advised to regulate their residency in Spain as soon as possible.
Originally Published by HM Government of Gibraltar
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.