Since March 2019, Hong Kong has seen an ongoing series of protests and demonstrations that have created unique business risks for HR professionals and senior leadership in Hong Kong/Asia.
Although the city is currently experiencing a hiatus following the District Council elections on 24 November, many businesses continue to face employment and HR issues.
Our Hong Kong Employment team have prepared a one-page infographic summarising the key employment and HR issues arising out of the Hong Kong protests. Our team is experienced in advising on these issues and can assist with:
- Preparing staff communications.
- Developing business continuity plans.
- Advising on employee arrests and conduct issues.
- Conducting internal investigations and related disciplinary issues.
- Reviewing social media policies.
- Advising on reduced working hours, unpaid leave, redundancies and other cost saving measures.
Please contact a member of our Hong Kong employment team for further information.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.