On September 13 and September 15, 2016, PETO`EVIĆ Serbia representatives and local customs authorities organized and witnessed the destruction of various goods found to infringe the intellectual property rights of several owners.
The goods, which were destroyed in the city of Kruaevac, southern Serbia, included:
- 35,268 mobile phone cases and 180 pairs of women's sneakers bearing fake trademarks of the world's leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment;
- 3,650 mobile phone cases bearing fake Moschino® trademarks;
- 29 men's handbags bearing fake Prada® trademarks;
- 19,128 toys bearing fake Monsuno® trademarks;
- 5,976 toys bearing fake My Little Pony® trademarks;
- 1,080 toys bearing fake Transformers® trademarks;
- 720 toys bearing fake Furby® trademarks;
- 1,080 board game sets bearing fake Monopoly® trademarks.
The counterfeits were seized in the time period 2011-2014 and were intended for Serbian importers from the cities of Belgrade and Zrenjanin.
The goods were stored in the customs warehouse in the town of `id, northwestern Serbia.
You can see the photos from the destruction in our gallery.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.