2020 has been a difficult year for Trade Finance. The failure of a number of large trading companies has challenged some of the fundamental beliefs within the industry and different approaches are needed to respond to the significant issues that may come with the new normal. In this webinar, with the participation of Aon, Komgo and Rabobank, we explore some of the key problems that the Trade Finance industry is facing today. In particular, we look at how digitalisation, increased information sharing, and better transaction risk management will be necessary for the industry to regroup and thrive in the coming years.
Topics covered include:
- Trade finance transactions: Where things have gone wrong
- How digitalisation can bring visibility to the status of trade documents
- Improving the trade credit claims underwriting process with digitalisation
- Regulatory requirements and risk mitigation
- Leon Alexander, Partner, Clyde & Co
- Ian Chung, Partner, Clyde & Co
- Michael Morris, Partner, Clyde & Co
- Nicolas Djelalian, Managing Director – Singapore, Komgo
- Will Jones, Regional Head GCC – Credit Solutions, Aon
- Michiel Teunissen, Head of Innovation – Trade & Commodity Finance, Rabobank
Originally published 02 July, 2020
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.