- an amendment to the Income Tax Act should increase the rate of depreciation of "old receivables" from 10 % to 20%.
- the Ministry of Industry and Trade should prepare a policy to increase the efficiency of anti-monopoly regulations.
- the Bankruptcy Act is to be changed in order to speed up legal proceedings. An obligation to file one's own bankruptcy proceedings will be introduced.
- the Government introduced an import deposit scheme, the aim of which is to limit the import of certain goods ( see further).
- the Ministry of Agriculture should prepare a proposal for a system of minimum import prices of imported agriculture products before the end of May.
- in order to support the import of raw materials for further processing and to decrease the import rate of consumer goods, the Ministries of Trade and Finance are expected to propose appropriate changes to customs quotas.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. It is therefore not a substitute for specialist advice.
For further information contact Paul Antrobus or Richard Fletcher, Arthur Andersen Prague, tel +420 2 2440 1300 or enter a text search 'Arthur Andersen' and 'Business Monitor'.