March 5, 2018, New York, N.Y. – The Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance ("GALA") announced today that it will hold an international advertising law seminar, "Advertising Law in the United States and around the Globe" in New York City on March 14, 2018. The event, which will be held at The Yale Club, is taking place in conjunction with GALA's 16th Annual Global Meeting which is taking place in New York City from March 11 - 14, 2018.
The seminar, which will focus on best practices for marketing compliance around the globe, will include two panels, "Influencer Marketing in the US & around the Globe" and "Conduction a Global Sweepstakes or Contest." The program will feature speakers from twelve countries.
"As the issues faced by global advertisers become more complex, we're very pleased to be able to bring together two incredible panels of experts from around the world," said Jeffrey A. Greenbaum, Managing Partner at Frankfurt Kurnit in New York and GALA's Global Chairman. "During these sessions, we hope to be able to give insights to advertisers that will help them market to consumers more effectively in their own countries and across borders."
The "Influencer Marketing" panel will feature:
- Ariela Agosin, Partner, Albagli Zaliasnik (Chile)
- Brinsley Dresden, Partner, Lewis Silkin (UK)
- Peter LeGuay, Partner, Thomson Geer (Australia)
- Amy Ralph Mudge, Partner, Venable LLP (USA)
- Ignacio Temiño Ceniceros, Abril Abogados (Spain)
- John Syekei, Bowmans Coulsen Harney (Kenya)
The "Sweepstakes & Contests" panel will feature:
- Catherine Bate, Partner, Miller Thomson LLP (Canada)
- Angus Forsyth, Partner, Angus Forsyth & Co. (Hong Kong)
- Conor Griffin, Partner, Duncan Grehan & Partners (Ireland)
- Brenda Wood Kahari, Partner, Lawyers for Africa (Zimbabwe)
- Joseph Lewczak, Partner, Davis & Gilbert (USA)
- Ewa Skrzydlo - Tefelska, Partner, SKS Legal Advisors (Poland)
- Uri Weinstok, Partner, BLP Abogados (Costa Rica)