Duff & Phelps, the global advisor that protects, restores and maximizes value for clients in the areas of valuation, corporate finance, investigations, disputes, cyber security, compliance and regulatory matters, and other governance-related issues, today released its M&A publication, Transaction Trail Annual Report 2018. The report takes an in-depth look at transaction and capital markets activities, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) investments as well as initial public offerings (IPOs), in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia (the "region") over the course of 2018.
Key highlights from the report include:
- The region recorded total deal activity valued at over US$136 billion spread across 1,419 deals, with over 15 transactions valued at more than one billion dollars each.
- Singapore recorded a total of 857 deals (M&A, PE/VC and IPOs) worth US$106.2 billion for 2018 as compared to 842 deals worth US$101.9 billion for 2017. M&A comprised the bulk of the deal value in Singapore, while PE/VC investments achieved a record deal volume.
- Malaysia has seen a significant reduction in deal activity with total deals in M&A, PE/VC and IPO valued at US$12.5 billion in 2018 compared to the record levels last year with deal values at US$20.3 billion.
- The M&A, PE/VC and IPO values for 2018 in Indonesia have more than doubled at US$ 19.5 billion, compared to US$ 9.6 billion last year.
Media coverage from the report:
- The Business Times
- DealStreet Asia
- Daily Express
- The Star
- The Edge Markets
- New Straits Times
- News Breezer
- Deal Street Asia- Indonesia
- Money FM 89.3
- Lianhe Zaobao
- Sinchew online