Attendees will hear from both John Van de Poll, Partner and head of Holman Webb's National Insurance Group, and Peter Bennett, Partner within the firm's General Insurance team, as they examine a range of significant cases from 2019.
Discussion topics will include:
- Recent Supreme Court decisions on credit hire
- When is a trip hazard an obvious risk?
- Escape of fire
- How to construe a policy of insurance - is it always ambiguous?
- Dual Insurance and competing other insurance clauses
- When is there damage to physical property by defective works?
- When does the limitation period start to run on a claim under a policy?