Each and every aspect of cryptocurrency fraud was scrutinised at an international webinar hosted by Rahman Ravelli.
The event, "Cryptocurrency fraud: Investigating, managing risks and recovering assets'', involved experts from around the world outlining in detail the procedures involved in offensive investigations, risk management methods and the best approaches that can be used when looking to recover assets taken through fraud.
The event examined:
- The planning of an investigation and the options available.
- The order of events after court proceedings have begun.
- The value of both negotiation and enforcement.
- Possible risks and defence considerations.
- Significant recent developments.
The panel members were Danny Ong, partner at Rajah and Tann, Singapore; Amanda Wick, chief of legal affairs at blockchain intelligence platform Chainalysis; Adrian Andrychowski, senior associate at JDP, Poland; Syed Rahman, legal director at Rahman Ravelli; and Rahman Ravelli associate Josie Welland.
The video of the event shows how the panel members addressed the matters being analysed and can be watched here.