Welcome to the 2019 edition of the GANADO Shipping & Maritime Law Newsletter.
It has been another active and intensive period for the Shipping team at GANADO Advocates. There has been quite some activity in the Admiralty Court surrounding the judicial sale of a high profile super yacht, the INDIAN EMPRESS, closely followed by the judicial sale of special heavy lift vessel, the HHL RIO DE JANEIRO. Both sales took place by private treaty. The respective judgements, discussed in this newsletter, contain some interesting legal points.
We also report on Malta's proud announcement of the decision of the Cousteau Foundation to establish Maltese islands as one of their international bases and register the iconic vessel of the late Captain Jacques Cousteau, the CALYPSO, in Malta to fly the Maltese flag.
We share further important developments of Malta's Tonnage Tax regime that continue to bring certainty to the industry and include an overview of our recent activities and publications.
We trust you will find this issue of the newsletter to be of interest.
In this issue:
- GANADO Advocates sponsors Superyacht Investor Conference 2019 London
- The Spirit of Jacques Cousteau Returns to Malta
- GANADO Advocates assists Navigazione Montanari SPA in the sale-and-leaseback of 11 tankers
- GANADO Advocates meets with Chief Editor of the Journal of Law and Digital Economy
- GANADO Advocates sponsors Norway Ship & Offshore Finance Forum 2019
- GANADO Advocates participates in Shiparrested.com Annual Members' Conference Malta
- Maltese flag continues steady registry growth
Articles & Publications
- New law aims to attract ship managers to Malta
- Another Successful Private Sale of a Vessel in Malta by Court Approval
- Technical Notice SLS.30 Rev.1 on Fire Control Plan Graphical Symbols
- MSD Notice 150 on Annual Return Of Shipping Organisations Benefitting From The Tonnage Tax Scheme
- MSD Notice Notice 108 Rev 2 on Minimum Basic Wage
- MSD Notice 151 on Implementation of Regulation (EU) 2015/757
Click here to view newsletter.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.