Note: This presentation uses "digital" and "online" interchangeably
- Canadian consumers and suppliers have embraced the digital marketplace
- Digital advertising, marketing and selling occupies an increasingly significant percentage of suppliers' interaction with consumers
- The digital marketplace is constantly evolving ... becoming more sophisticated, innovative and global
- Innovation in the digital marketplace must respect the rights of consumers not to be deceived
- Since the digital marketplace is borderless, there is a continuing trend towards international and domestic cooperation amongst consumer protection regulators -e.g., the International Consumer Protection and Enforcement Network (ICPEN)
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.