The latest publication from our national Mergers & Acquisitions Group is available now.
In Cross-Border M&A: Top 10 Considerations for U.S. Acquirers of Canadian Targets, our market-leading M&A Group highlights the core issues, key considerations, pitfalls and opportunities for U.S. businesses and investors contemplating the acquisition of a Canadian target, including:
- How acquisitions of privately-held Canadian targets are accomplished
- Structuring a share acquisition of a privately-held target
- Special considerations in acquisitions of interests in public companies
- How boards of directors assess potential transactions
- Key tax issues
- Using representation and warranty insurance
- What to know about Canadian employment law
- How to evaluate a Canadian target's pension and benefit plans
- Privacy law considerations
- Antitrust and foreign investment approvals
Cross-Border M&A: Top 10 Considerations for U.S. Acquirers of Canadian Targets
To view the original article click here
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.