For companies whose operations and workforces span the Canadian and United States border, COVID-19 has presented a range of new obstacles - particularly with respect to corporate transactions, commercial contracts and employment law.
Join lawyers from Venable LLP and Gowling WLG as they offer timely strategies designed to help your business navigate these and other areas.
Topics will include:
- Telecommuting issues and the duty to accommodate employees with disabilities
- U.S. requirements for releases of age discrimination claims within separation agreements
- Common mistakes U.S. employers make when implementing temporary layoffs/furloughs and separations in Canada
- Force Majeure and Impossibility of Performance claims
- New considerations in cross-border M&A transactions
Read the original article on GowlingWLG.com
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.