On 20 October 2020 the European Commission published its new regulatory regime on crowdfunding including a new Regulation and a new Directive. William Fry's Financial Regulation Unit and Fintech teams have prepared a briefing to help entities navigate the new regulatory regime as crowdfunding becomes increasingly popular.
The briefing explains:
- The entities covered by the new regulatory regime
- Authorisation requirements to become a European Crowdfunding Services Provider ("ECSP")
- The relationship between crowdfunding and MiFID
- Requirements imposed on ECSPs
- The implications of Brexit for crowdfunding
- Practical advice for firms
Please click here or on the image below to download our briefing.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.