The New Year is a timely reminder for people to ensure their basic legal affairs are in order.
Make sure that these 7 things are ticked off so that you are setting yourself up for a successful and worry free 2021.
- Have you recently entered into a new relationship and need to discuss a contracting out agreement (Pre-nuptial agreement)?
- Have you recently separated and want to discuss parenting options?
- Have you separated and want to make this the year you formally divide your assets?
- Has two years passed since your marriage ended and you want to apply for a formal dissolution?
- Do you have a Will or have circumstances changed and you need to update your Will?
- Do you have an Enduring Power of Attorney in place?
- Are you lending from the bank of mum and dad and want to make sure their money is protected?
We are a full- service law firm so can assist you across the board with your legal affairs to allow you to start 2021 with certainty.
Feel free to get in touch with our Relationships Team or our Trust and Estates Team to organise a consultation. We can meet at our place, at your place or digitially at your convenience.
Cavell Leitch has a digital platform that enables you to complete required information electronically from the comfort of your office or home before meeting with one of our experts. This enables us to efficently match clients with the right lawyer and have access to details of your specific situation.
We look forward to speaking with you and enabling you to start 2021 with your legal affairs in check.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.