Business crime solicitors Rahman Ravelli will host a webinar looking at all the important aspects surrounding multilateral development banks (MDBs) and their investigatory powers.
The webinar, titled "Multilateral Development Banks - Their Investigations, Powers and Penalties'', is being held in conjunction with legal events specialists ThoughtLeaders4 on September 9th at 3pm(BST) UK time.
Chaired by Rahman Ravelli's Legal Director Joshua Ray, the webinar will feature an expert panel including former World Bank Group investigator Christopher Kim (Managing Director, Guidepost Solutions) along with senior investigations attorneys Barry Vitou (Partner, Greenberg Traurig), Ian Hargreaves (Partner, Covington & Burling), Syed Rahman (Legal Director, Rahman Ravelli), and Alex Haines (Barrister, Outer Temple Chambers).
The event will focus on how to prepare for an MDB investigation, the best way to respond to one and how to mount a defence.
It will cover the following points in detail:
- How MDB investigations are structured and conducted.
- The trends in MDB investigations over the past decade.
- What prompts MDB investigations - and the importance of whistleblowers.
- Tips and best practices for companies.
- Major cases and penalties.
- The sanctions process and how companies can defend themselves.
- Debarments, cross-debarment and monetary penalties.
- The proactive, protective steps that companies can take.
- MDB interaction with law enforcement - and its significance.
If you would like to attend the webinar please book your place now by visiting the event page.
Rahman Ravelli to host Multilateral Development Bank Investigations Webinar
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.