Below is the Federal Policy team's weekly preview, posted when Congress is in session.
- Returning from a one-week recess, the House plans to take up legislation to address vaping, and the Senate will focus on nominations and abortion-related legislation.
- President Donald Trump is in India visiting Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Moderate Democrats are reeling as Bernie Sanders firmly seizes momentum and frontrunner status leading into Saturday's South Carolina primary and 14 more primaries next week on Super Tuesday.
- The House will be in session Wednesday through Friday. The agenda includes noncontroversial bills on veterans' opportunities and natural resources, as well as potential legislation to expand regulation on and ban the sale of some vaping products.
- Several members of Trump's cabinet will appear for budget hearings with the Appropriations Committee as well as authorizing committees.
- The Ways and Means Committee on Wednesday will hold a hearing on U.S.-China trade and competition.
- The full list of this week's House committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate plans to vote on Trump judicial nominees as well as two abortion-related measures.
- Senate appropriators will hold hearings Tuesday with Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf.
- The Senate Banking Committee on Tuesday will hold a hearing on surface transportation reauthorization.
- The current list of Senate committee activity can be found here.
- Trump is in India through Wednesday.
- Thursday, he will attend an African American History Month reception.
- Friday, he will hold a campaign rally in South Carolina – the day before the state's Democrats vote in their presidential primary.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.