On December 22, 2020, in response to the escalating concerns about the potential of a post-Christmas COVID-19 surge like that experienced after Thanksgiving, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker issued COVID-19 Order No. 59. These new measures go into effect at 12:01am on Saturday, December 26, 2020.
Key provisions include adjustments to the State-wide capacity limitations for gatherings and events that were set in COVID-19 Order No. 57, including the following:
- Restaurants are limited to 25% of seating capacity.
- Close contact personal services are limited to 25% occupancy.
- Movie theaters are limited to 25% seating capacity and a maximum of 50 people.
- Outdoor performance venues are limited to 25% seating capacity and a maximum of 50 people.
- Casinos, office spaces, places of worship, retail businesses, driving and flight schools, golf facilities, libraries, arcades, fitness centers and health clubs, museums, cultural and historic facilities, guided tours are limited to 25% capacity.
Notably, these new capacity limits do not apply to labs and manufacturing environments.
To read Governor Baker's issued orders by topic, we have flagged several pages below:
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.