CMS is pleased to announce its Emerging Europe M&A Report 2018/19, published in cooperation with EMIS.
The report provides deal statistics from across 15 emerging markets in CEE/SEE, based on EMIS date from 2012-2018, and analysis of the latest regional trends and developments.
Key conclusions include:
- Emerging Europe's deal value sees a 12.5% increase year on year, hitting a total of EUR 80.5bn in 2018
- Deal volume remained virtually flat with a 0.9% decrease from 2017
- Telecoms & IT was the sector with the highest total deal value at 18.18bn
- Real Estate remains the most active sector with 432 deals, up 10.8% from 2017
- The highest growth in deal activity was witnessed in Albania - up 300% on deal volume - followed by Serbia, which saw an increase of 40% in deal activity
- Russia was the country with the highest number of deals (605) followed by Poland (323)
- The top foreign investor by volume was the USA (89 deals)
- The UK is the top foreign investor value (9.77bn)
Click here to download Emerging Europe M&A Report 2019
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.