As a result of the impacts of COVID-19, extraordinary measures have been adopted by the federal, state and municipal governments in relation to tax collection, compliance with ancillary tax obligations and customs procedure simplification by the responsible entities.
Among the measures effectively adopted from August 10, 2020, to August 17, 2020, we highlight the following:
- Federal Government
- Ordinance CARF No. 19,336/2020 and Ordinance CARF No. 296/2020: Increases the cap amount of ongoing administrative proceedings subject to virtual sessions to BRL 8,000,000, as well as allows the trial of those administrative proceedings that were previously withdrawn from the docket of Extraordinary Classes.
- State and Federal District
- State Decree No. 25,295/2020: Extends the payment dates of ICMS that were due between August and December 2020.
- Joint Resolution No. 10/2020/GAB/SEFIN/CRE: Establishes a period of 30 days for the execution of the administrative acts whose deadlines had been suspended.
- São Paulo
- Act TIT No. 12/2020: Extends, until August 23, 2020, the deadlines related to the administrative physical proceedings within São Paulo Tax Court ("TIT").
Visit us at Tauil & Chequer
Founded in 2001, Tauil & Chequer Advogados is a full service law firm with approximately 90 lawyers and offices in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Vitória. T&C represents local and international businesses on their domestic and cross-border activities and offers clients the full range of legal services including: corporate and M&A; debt and equity capital markets; banking and finance; employment and benefits; environmental; intellectual property; litigation and dispute resolution; restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency; tax; and real estate. The firm has a particularly strong and longstanding presence in the energy, oil and gas and infrastructure industries as well as with pension and investment funds. In December 2009, T&C entered into an agreement to operate in association with Mayer Brown LLP and become "Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown LLP."
© Copyright 2020. Tauil & Chequer Advogados, a Brazilian law partnership with which Mayer Brown is associated. All rights reserved.
This article provides information and comments on legal issues and developments of interest. The foregoing is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed herein.