Investing in Skills Framework (formerly known as TAF)
These funds have been made available to promote the training of persons actively participating in the Maltese labour market, with the scope of increasing productivity and enhancing adaptability in the workplace.
In this factsheet you will find further information on the following:
- Conditions of the Framework
- Criteria for Eligibility
- Eligibility Costs
- Some of the NCFHE Accredited Courses KPMG Talent (P5+) offer.
- To promote the training of persons actively participating in the Maltese labour market with a view to increase productivity and enhance adaptability.
- Training period: between 19 April 2017 and 30 June 2020.
- Applications must be received at least 3 weeks prior to training start date.
- Incentive Effect: Beneficiary must submit written application for the aid prior to the commencement of any training
- Aid shall not be granted for National Mandatory Standards on training i.e. training must be voluntary as opposed to legally enforced training
- Trainees must be formally employed with the Beneficiary during training period (apprentices or students are not eligible)
- Both accredited and non-accredited courses are accepted under this Framework
- In case of accredited training, MQF/EQF levels 1-4 will be accepted.
- In case of non-accredited training, training is capped at 25 hours.
- External trainers' costs and examination fees
- Trainees' personnel costs will be reimbursed if training occurs during trainees' normal working hours (at standard rate of unit cost of €4.90 per trainee, per hour)
- Aid Intensity:
- large companies (exceeds 250 employees): 50%
- medium companies (50-249 employees): 60%
- small companies (10-49 employees): 70%
- micro companies (fewer than 10 employees): 70%
Some of the NCFHE Accredited Courses KPMG Talent (P5+) offers:
- Train the Trainer (Level 4)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Level 4)
- People & the Organisation (Level 4)
- Stepping into Work (Level 4)
- Communication & Presentation Skills (Level 3)
- Leadership Skills (Level 3)
KPMG Talent (P5+) also customises non-accredited training programmes and develops courses specifically to a company's needs. These type of courses are also covered by the Investing in Skills Framework.
Given our extensive knowledge and understanding of the process, we will also support you in the application for 'Investing in Skills' funding.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.