On 8 June 2020 the Maltese Government announced an economic recovery package aimed at boosting the economy impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key measures include:
- Update of Covid Wage Supplement which will remain in force till September 2020;
- Extension of tax deferral scheme;
- Reduction in property tax and stamp duty on new contracts and developments;
- Assistance with payments of rent and electricity bills for businesses;
- Cash conversion of tax credits under the Micro-invest scheme;
- Refund on port charges and container discharge fees.
Download the pdf for further information.
Originally published 09 Jun 2020
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.