Thursday Boardside Chat Webinar
The USPTO will host a Boardside Chat webinar on Thursday, August 8, from noon to 1PM (EST) to address recent updates made to the AIA Trial Practice Guide. Vice Chief Judges Mike Tierney and Tim Fink will present. Topics include:
- Factors that may be considered by the Board in determining when additional discovery will be granted
- Use of the Phillips claim construction standard
- Submission of testimonial evidence with a patent owner preliminary response
- Information to be provided by the parties if there are multiple petitions filed at or about the same time challenging the same patent
- Motion to amend practice
- Factors that may be considered by the Board in determining whether to grant a motion for joinder
- Procedures to be followed when a case is remanded
- Procedures for parties to request modifications to the default protective order
The webinar is free and open to all (register here). There will be a Q&A session at the end of the presentation, questions may be sent in advance or during the webinar to PTABBoardsideChat@uspto.gov.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.