The Schoenherr Journal, published in April 2017 by Schoenherr's Prague office examines the most recent and most important legal developments in the Czech Republic
The current issue considers the most significant of these:
- the liability of urban market operators for violations of intellectual property rights by their tenants
- the first example of a Czech company exempted from criminal liability thanks to its having an in-house compliance programme in place
- new rules introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation
- the amendment to the Czech Anti-Money Laundering Act imposing various obligations on, not only the obliged persons set out under this Act, but also on legal persons and trust fund administrators
- the recently proposed Czech Payment Services Act that will implement the Payment Services Directive II in the Czech Republic
- the Czech Constitutional Court's decision challenging the ban of the so-called con-current exercise of functions of a statutory body member and a leading manager of a company, and
- servitudes and superficies in view of the latest amendment to the Municipalities Act.
The Schoenherr Journal, available in Czech language only, can be downloaded at: http://www.schoenherr.eu/czech-republic/schoenherr-journal-cz/
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.