For further information on any of the issues discussed in this publication please contact the related contact(s) on this page.
Following the recent overhaul of the legislation governing ILPs in Ireland and the publication of the recent guidance by the Central Bank of Ireland relating to Irish domiciled closed-ended funds, we have prepared a briefing document outlining the key features of the Irish ILP.
This publication which is attached as a PDF HERE and whose contents are outlined below is designed as a user-friendly overview of the ILP for asset managers and their legal counsel.
The key features of an ILP covered in this document are outlined below:
- Introduction to the Irish ILP
- The ILP as a Regulated EU AIF
- What does an ILP look like?
- Typical Private Equity and Real Assets Funds' Features
- Particular ILP Product Related Rules
- Tax Transparency of an ILP
- GP, AIFM, Investment Manager and Depositary
- Umbrella ILPs
- Fast Track Authorisation Process for an ILP
- Participants in an ILP
- Key Features in Focus of ILPs
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.