FINRA staff offered reassurances and recommendations for investors as the Coronavirus continues to spread and market volatility increases.
FINRA recommended that investors:
- create an emergency savings fund, or add to their existing emergency savings fund;
- diversify their investments;
- check their portfolio and risk exposures;
- contact their investment firms regarding business continuity plans and other account-related questions; and
- be wary of Coronavirus stock scams.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.